Edgar Rice Buroughs Tarzan and Jane on Netflix


If I said I'm always aware of what my kids watch I'd be lying, but most of the time I do have some clue. The other day my daughter called a new show on Netflix to my attention by saying "Look mama, she has hair like yours."  Of course I had to find out what she was talking about. I was very happy to see a male character with locs and a female character with curls on the screen. And yes, she did have hair like mine. he show was Tarzan and Jane.

Curls!

As I think about representation a lot I was happy to see these characters on my kids screen. Since there have been a few curly haired female characters the last couple of years (Home, Annie, Zack & Quack) I was extra happy to see a character with locs who wasn't a villain. As one of my friends pointed out years ago the movie characters with locs are usually villains or drug related. How good the show is I don't know, I didn't watch for more than a minute, but regardless I'm happy to see that my kids have characters that look like them to watch in the shows they like.

Nice bun!

Perfect locs and nice bangs 

Comments

Popular Posts