The Relapse of a Product Junkie


Yesterday I went to Cape Town Natural Hair Fest held in Muizenburg (South Africa). More about the actual event will come - check out Instagram for some pics. My intention was to attend the event, talk to a few fellow naturalistas and meet Eleonore (@eleanorejadore) who I have been following on Instagram for years. The plan was not to shop for hair care products because finally there's some space in my bathroom cabinets from finishing the products I already own. But, I totally went product crazy and bought a total of eight products! Why didn't anyone stop me?! I couldn't resist all the local brands and the notion of not being able to get these products in Sweden triggered my shopaholic ways. And I love supporting local South African brands regardless of the product.

What did I buy? Let me give you a run through.


Naiobi's Olive
Totally wanted get all of the products from this vendor but had to stop myself. Just liked the all natural hand made feel of the products.

Moisturizing Milk - This smelled so goooood! And felt amazing on my skin. I mostly bought this to use on my skin during our stay here in SA because I didn't bring an oil or my body.
Clay Wash - I stopped using clay washes a while ago because it just was so messy and totally clogged my drains. But this clay wash is mixed and ready to go. I'm excited to try it.


Areté of Hair by Brian Warfield
This was one of the last vendors I visited and by this time I had already bought more products than I had originally planned. But talking to Brian the founder of the product really made me feel that I would regret it if I didn't try his products. It's clear he knows natural hair.

Instant Moisture Boost Treatment - I need good deep conditioners in my bathroom cabinet. These past months I haven't had any DC in my routine and my hair has suffered. I'm hoping this will help my hair recover well.

Leave In - Since I've tried numerous leave ins and always return to Kinky Curly Knot Today I had to buy the leave in too. It took them a very long time to develop this product which I think is a good thing. Already tried it on my daughter's hair this morning and she is very happy with the results.



Suki Suki Naturals
Another vendor which I wanted to buy lots of products from, but it was the end of the day and my bank account is not set up that way (hear my Kevin Hart voice).

Shampoo Bar - I love shampoo bars and have learnt to appreciate them over time. I like the ingredients she mentioned (which I can't recall right now) when she spoke about it. And if it doesn't work on my hair I'll just use it on my body.


The Perfect Curl
This was the first vendor I shopped with. Partly because I had been eyeing the products on social media but also because I liked the ingredients and the lady (who's name I forgot, sorry) who was selling the products. I also love, love, love that this was (correct me if I'm wrong) the only company who use glass containers for their products. Environmentally friendly, me likey.

Deep-deep conditioner - Like I mentioned above my hair needs help and serious DCs so this was a given.
Style - Bought this on a whim without a real plan (hello product junkie madness).


Kafui Naturals
The lady selling Kafui Naturals got a lot of attention. I heard some of the other event attendees comment on her beautiful dark brown skin and her huge afro. Her product stand was so busy, we tried to go there several times. I wanted to get several products, but I started thinking about luggage weight restrictions and stopped myself. Don't you just love the logo?

Hair Mask - Bentonite clay, apple cider vinegar, flaxseed oil and avocado oil, need I say more?

Keep your eyes on the blog for the reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts