Haircut by Latoya


It's been almost three years since I sat in a hairdresser's chair. Last time was in London at Adornment365, which was an experience I was very happy with. The reason why I never go to hairdressers is trust. I really don't want to pay someone to mess up my hair. And since most hairdressers have no idea how to care for my hair I have just stayed away.

But, you'll never grow if you don't try something new... So after talking to Sabrine and being in contact with Latoya herself I decided to be brave and trust someone with my curls. 
The two most common questions I receive are which products that are good and which hairdressers I'd recommend in my area. So to be able to answer the last question I decided I have to go to a hairdresser to know if I can recommend her or him to others. 


Latoya has her salon set up in a shared space with a photographer in a residential area in Trelleborg. If you travel by car it's fairly easy to get to. I don't have a car so from my house I had to travel with three buses and it took about an hour. But it is worth it. 

Latoya asked me how I wanted my hair cut: dry or wet. And when I explained that I wanted more of a shape without loosing a lot of length she really did listen. I also explained which areas of my hair I felt needed what: the curl pattern at my nape is looser so it usually results in an uneven look in the back. She also added layers for more shape and volume. 

When you offer someone a service it's important to listen to what your client asks for and try to meet their needs. But also suggest other solutions if the clients requests are unrealistic. I got an impression from sitting in Latoya's chair that this exactly how she works. 

I left her salon feeling like my hair looked great. She didn't just cut my hair she also gave me tips on how I can do it myself.

To sum it up I'm very happy with my cut and the service, and I already feel like going to Latoya again in the future. I however wish she was closer, but in the end the trip was worth it. 

After the haircut 
Google+ Latoya Dennis
Website www.latoya.se

telephone +4676867740
Kullagrundsgatan 11 Trelleborg

Comments

Popular Posts