Hiatus Hair

Back at it! :)
The hiatus has been great, and very much needed. I've enjoyed being disconnected from social media, though I've missed Instagram when I've been bored. 

Marley Twists
For those of you that follow me on Instagram you know I re-installed Marley Twists right before my hiatus. The plan was to have my hair in twists for the birth of my little one and for maybe two weeks post birth. Convinced I wouldn't pass my due date it seemed like a great plan. But, babies don't always do as planned. So my due date came and went, and I got more and more frustrated with my twists. They were looking raggedy, they felt uncompfy to sleep in and as the weather got warmer I felt like I was walking around with a plastic hat on. So they came out one day, kind of on a whim. They lasted about three and a half weeks this time. And honestly I didn't love them nearly as much as I did last time, not sure why. 

When I took the twists out I gave myself a well needed trim and cut my bangs again. I'd missed my bangs and felt like I wanted them back for the summer. Sorry, no pic, will add one to Instagram soon. 

I washed the braiding hair after I took the twists out, but it looked so raggedy I don't know if I'll re-use it. 

In the end I ended up wearing one of my go to styles for the birth and the days in the hospital. 
Off center side braids

Comments

Popular Posts