Re-Post: Charity from Versatility Beauty & Fashion

This post was originally posted in June 2013.

Once again I feel honored to have someone very inspirational answer some questions for the blog. Meet Charity from the online magazine Versatility Beauty & Fashion. 

Please introduce yourself!
Hi, my name is Charity and I am 27 years of age and living Stockholm, Sweden. I am a dreamer and a life lover. I love my life since I am living with my loving soul mate and have people around me I know that gives me positive energy. I love working-out, being creative, traveling, (African)dancing, music, photography and art. Most of my friends consider me as a humble and harmonic person that listens and make them feel special.

How long have you been natural? 
I decided to stop relaxing my hair in February 2010, since I noticed it only damaged my coils. I transitioned for approximately 6-7 months and cut of the relaxed-ends by myself. It was the best decision I ever made to get rid of those chemically treated ends and to fully rock my natural strong and short curly coils. But to be honest I wasn’t always confident wearing my short cut afro. I went to my hairstylist who runs the hair salon UrbanHair in Stockholm, to get protective styling such as cornrows with extensions until my natural hair grew at the length I was comfortable with to wear. However, I combine wearing my hair out and wearing protective styles. I want to add while I was natural it actually took a year for me to find a regimen that perfectly works for my hair.


What is your favorite hair care product?
Well where do I begin? I have alot of favorites and I switch between products from time to time and I always want to try new products. But if I have to choose I may say Redken, Pureology and SheaMoisture for washing and conditioning treatments. CaliBeijaFlor and Curls for styling. To intensify my conditioning treatments I use the popular Huetiful Hair Steamer that claims to work 5x better than using conditioner alone on your hair. And I can simply agree on that. (Feel free to read my review of the Huetiful Hair Steamer)

Tell us about Versatility Beauty & Fashion!
Versatility Beauty&Fashion is an online magazine with every beauty in mind. I created the Versatility Beauty&Fashion in February 2011 and I am so proud I am running an onlinemagazine that is not ashamed to represent diversity of beauty. On Versatility Beauty&Fashion you can read interviews of women with different professions, sharing their hair treatment tips, their beauty and their taste of fashion. I also photograph women on streets who voluntarily want to be apart “Street Fashion”. I have taken Street Fashion shots in Stockholm and New York. When you visit Versatility Beauty&Fashion you can also read articles about beauty and culture, poems that reminds you to always fully embrace your inner and outer beauty. I actually want stress that Versatility Beauty&Fashion is a long term project, since I know women of all ages, ethnicities body shapes, hair types and hair textures need to be reminded how beautiful and unique they truly  are and stop mindslaving themselves of what the media and the society utter to be "The Ideal of Beauty"!

Who is your natural hair role model? 
Maeling (Tapp) Murphy aka Natural Chica! She is very informative when it comes to hairproducts, styling techniques and how to take care of your curly coily hair.

Thank you Charity!
Check out the web magazine

Comments

Popular Posts