Trimming Those Ends


Since I've been wearing my hair out more over the last six months it's become evident I need to trim my ends more regularly. It seems like every three months would be optimal, so I'm working this into my routine. My ends don't split that much, but I get lots if single strand knots and can tell that they are thinning as well. Since I'm not obsessed with growing my hair long I don't mind cutting it at all. My goal is not long hair, my goal is healthy hair.

The advice on trimming varies a lot. Some say ever six weeks, some say less. Some people mostly dust (meaning snipping away at the ends whenever you find and end here and there that needs to be cut). How often do you trim your hair and why? Comment below or tweet me @HairofHeritage ;)

Comments

  1. I really don't want to trim my owns ends because I am afraid I will do them wrong and mess my hair up completely.

    Alex @ Napturally Lex | My Latest Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Alex. So do you go to the hairdresser to get your ends trimmed? How often?

      Delete
  2. Also not sure about trimming my own ends but I don't really think I need to. At the moment I am focused on length... Thoughts on avoiding single strand knots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way Wisaal, but now my hair is so long that the ends dry up more often when I wear it out a lot. Don't mention single strand knots :( there's not much to do unless you wear protective styles to minimize tangles and I'm not into doing that right now.

      Delete
  3. I cut my hair 2, Max 3 times a year. Never done it My self, i like blunt ends and that is hard to do well on your own. A friend cuts My hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts