My Do: Upside Down French

Friday night was spent playing with my hair. I tried a style that I've been wanting to try, can't remember where I first saw it though. If you want to keep up to date on my hair styles follow HoH on Instagram!

This is not a polished look, since it was just a trial run I didn't put gel in my hair and didn't smooth my edges as much as I would if I was wearing this style on a regular day.

I started out with spritzing my hair and applying leave in conditioner, then finger detangled to make it a bit more manageable. Then I did a part from one ear to the other. And put the front part in a clip so I could braid the back part.
(Sorry about the poor quality of the pics, my iPhone doesn't do well with taking pics at night, it needs day light, preferably sun.)

I then started making a French braid starting from the nape going towards the scalp. I like to put my head upside down when I do this and close my eyes, this way I can kinda visualize the braid. I always have to focus extra when doing a French braid, because I by default will braid a cornrow style braid (with the braid "laying on top of the hair") if I don't focus.

When the braid was done I took the clip out of my front section and gathered all the hair together in a hair tie. I think you can just stop there and do a side pony tail, but I wasn't loving the look.


Then I tried a quick bun by just twisting the hair around itself and using a bobby pin to fasten it. Cute, but I wasn't loving it.

So I decided to try to make my bun as big as possible, so I used the same technique I did for my high bun post. If I was to wear this style this is how I'd wear it, but I'd probably make the bun way bigger by coming by combing my hair out properly.


Comments

  1. Nice braid! I like it best with the tiny bun. The big one takes too much attention from the braid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think? I thought it was too much "Lilla My" in the Mumintroll ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts