Clogged Drain Due To Mud Washes?

There have been issues with the drain in my bathtub on numerous occasions this past year, which is more than usual. So the other day I realize what had changed: clay/mud washes. I've been doing them more often over the past year, and it seems I'm paying the price :( I have bathtub that is probably three times my age (ok, maybe only two times my age) with a plug that is attach in the bottom of the drain, this makes drain cleaning so difficult. You basically have to use a finger or something else pointy to feel if you can grab anything (I'll leave it to you imagination how that feels). Using a plunger is also out of the question, which sucks. So when the bathtub drain gets clogged its all about trying to pull stuff out with your fingers and rinsing with lots of hot water. And praying. And yes, I've tried all the home remedies, believe me! I just have to accept that clay, oils, coconut milk and curly hair was not what they planned for when my bathtub was built. So to make life easier on myself I've decided to cut out clay washes out of my routine. It's a sad, sad day... :(
(Of course I'll finish the clay I have before I quit completely)

Am I the only one who has this experience??

Comments

  1. hahaha dang, same thing happened to me : ( I would always take baths and experiment with all sorts of products until one day it took forever for the water to get drained. I am able to fix it, but it just happens so frequently now that I kicked the habit. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Marcelo! Nice to know I'm not the only one going through this mess! :(

      Delete
  2. Well, you have some options you can take to address this matter. For one, you can stop having your clay and mud washes, or you can have a little bathroom remodeling and have a bathtub that's easier to clean and doesn't easily clog up.

    Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Darryl! I think I'll just have to quit the clay washes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts