Spring Hair

I've been reluctant to say that spring is here. That's what growing up in Sweden does to you! I've experienced snow in mid May so I'm very cautious to get excited just because "it's supposed to be spring". Summer is my favorite time of year. Even if I know that I'm lucky if the weather passes 25 degrees C for more than a week or two here (why do I live here again?). So spring always brightens my mood since it means we are getting closer to summer.


Leaving SA and summer behind did leave my hair and skin (and my brain too lol) a bit messed up. But since the temperatures have been increasing over the last week it's getting better.

Don't be fooled though! Even though spring is here your hair will still need it's regularly TLC. So make sure to DC regularly! And pay attention to what your hair is telling you! Is it very tangled and dry? Time for a trim perhaps? Is your scalp extra dry? Maybe alternate between co-washing and schampooing (or take a break from schampoo for a while). Does it feel like your products aren't working? Look over your routine and the product ingredient lists, products that have worked flawlessly during winter may be too much for your hair this time of year. Is it getting too hot to sleep with a satin bonnet or scarf? Invest in a silk or satin pillow case to protect that hair!

I'm planning to trim my ends this week after a good and long over night DC. Yay, spring is here!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts