Senegalese Twist Loves and Hates

Having extensions for the first time in a very long time has been an experience. From the response at work to  styling challenges to figuring out what to do with all that hair. It's been a love/hate kind of relationship.

Love
... the way the twists look.
Hate
... how itchy my scalp was the first week (my scalp really doesn't appreciate being exposed).
Love
... not having to do much styling etc on a daily basis.
Hate
... finding extension hair everywhere even though I could have swore I got it all with the vaccum.
Love
... getting a break from my hair.
Hate
... not knowing how to style my hair (lol).
Love
... having a different look.
Hate
... that my natural hair frizzes up so fast which made the extensions not last very long.
Love
... touching/playing with the twists.
Hate
... that I couldn't keep my hands out of my hair.

All the twists
This has truly been a learning process for me. I learned how I want to do stuff next time, I think I'll revisit Senegalese twists this summer, 'cause I do love them. I also learned one very important thing, I'm not ready for locs. After only few days of twists I was already missing my loose hair, it made me realize how I really appreciate my loose hair and it's versatility. So I'm not committing to locs anytime soon, I love my curls when they are free!
The twist from hell 
For those of you who follow me on Twitter this isn't news, but I've had one big issue during this twisted up time; the twist from hell (insert scary music here). This twist has been unravelling, no matter what I've done, I've retwisted, I've boiled, I've started over, but my nemisis got the best of me :( Until @MaSibandah suggested I tie a little knot at the end. Yay, it worked! I won! Thanks girl! :)

Comments

Popular Posts