HoH Fav Posts of 2012



The year is coming to it's end. It's been a great year for the blog. We celebrated the one year anniversary! Held our first event! Made new friends and network connections form different parts of the world. I wanted to take this time and feature ten of my personal favorite posts from the year that has past. (In no particular order)

Naturally Curly in Sweden: Arcadia - I love this post! It's a great personal inspiration to see someone so young be so vibrant and proud of her hair. I hope we'll see more of Arcadia in the future.

Cph Curls & Conversation - This was the first ever natural hair event in Scandinavia, and it was the first time I worked with my girl Elianna. It turned out as good as we had hoped and it created memories and friendships for life.

The Things We Say: Speaking to Children - This post meant a lot to me when I wrote it, and it was something I had carried with me for a while. I hope it gave parents and future parents something to thing about.

Curly Talk @ My Roots - This was a very intimate and exclusive event. I love the My Roots boutique in Copenhagen, and was very excited to be a co-hostess at this event. I hope to collab with My Roots more in the future.

Happy Nattyversary Silver-Straw - One year has passed and Silver-Straw's locs are looking good! It's so nice to be following his journey.

Natural Hair in London, pt 3 (Adornemnt365) - I trusted my tresses in the hands of a hair dresser this year. I had a great experience and was very satisfied with my cut.

My Natural Hair Sheroes - This post is special to me because I got to pay homage to some of the bloggers and vloggers that inspire my hair journey. It was cool that Elle from QFTPC put the link on her Facebook page before I'd even tweeted the link. :) I continue watching these beautiful ladies and they continue to inspire me.

Update: Hair Do a la Fusionofcultures - This was my fav style this year, even for the first attempt I liked this style a lot. And when I tweaked it and made a braid instead of a big twist out of the two strand twists I fell in love. :)

Hair Crush: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - This is one of my favorite authors so attending a lecture and meeting her this year was cool. I loved her hair!

Hair & Poetry XII - This is my fav hair and poetry post because 1) it features a South African 2) Lebo Mashile actually wrote to me after this post and thanked me for it, which was so flattering and like wow! I still haven't gotten around to purchasing her books, (my birthday is coming up, hint, hint) but I hope to get around to it in 2013.

I hope you have all enjoyed the HoH year as much as I have! Wishing you all the bet in the new year!
Happy 2013!! 


Comments

  1. Brukar du använda peruk?om du gör det: Hur känns det när du väl gör det? Hur reagerar du när du blir tillfrågad om du bär peruk? Funderar på att köpa en från rapunzel (syntetisk) men vet inte om det finns något annat ställe som rekommenderas att beställa ifrån? Hur rengör man peruken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag har ingen erfarenhet av peruker. Kollaps YouTube, finns massor av videos hur du gör en egen peruk, hur du sköter de, osv. Lycka till!

      Delete
  2. A great list! And once again, thank you for featuring Arcadia. Only yesterday she looked at her afro in the mirror and said, "Just got to embrace it!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really my pleasure! I hope to see more of her in the future! :)

      Delete
  3. Nathalie4/1/13 18:17

    Okay. Tack för ditt svar =) Får jag fråga vart du ursprungligen kommer ifrån?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts