Review: Too Shea by JessiCurl

I bought Too Shea by JessiCurl a while back, and have had plenty of time to use it. It was actually Carriene of I Love Natural Hair who recommended me this product. Maybe it was because of it was Carriene that recommended it or maybe it's because I've heard a lot of good stuff about JessiCurl so I expected excellence, and got disappointed. :( Don't get me wrong, Too Shea is a great product, my hair likes it, but it's not excellent. It actually doesn't do much for my hair at all. It's one of those products that I could buy again because yeah, it conditions my hair, but it's not leaving my hair super soft and moisturzed like I want. And yeah it has ok slip for me to detangle with. I actually was more impressed by the Aloeba Conditioner that I had a sample size of (will have to buy that one in full size in the future to try it out).
I tried it on my daughter's hair (we don't have the same curl pattern but similar hair porosity) and yeah, more or less the same result. I think this is a product that would work well on wavy hair (even though I have heard people with kinkier/curlier hair than mine rave over this product, maybe it works better on hair with higher porosity than mine?).

What I do like about this product is that it comes with our without fragrance (but it actually smells like camomille tea if you as me)! I bought the one without fragrance, which is great if you want to add essential oils or something to your conditioner. Another good thing is that it is easy to come across, a number of places sells it, even hear in Scandinavia.


Ingredients: Water (Aqua) infused with Equisetum Maximum Lam (Horsetail), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Laurus Nobilis (Bay Leaf), Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Arctium Lappa (Burdock Root), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow Root), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano), Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) and Urtica Dioica (Nettle); Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Soy Lecithin, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Just because I'm not in love with Too Shea doesn't mean I won't try other JessiCurl products, I know better ;) But don't take my word for it, try Too Shea on your hair, it may love it ;)

JessiCurl, Aubrey Organics, Curls and Anita Grant 
can be purchased at Denmark's own I Love Natural Hair


Comments

  1. Anonymous1/11/12 14:57

    Oh, what a shame. Too Shea works brilliantly on both kids' hair and leaves it very soft and moisturized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how it is, not every product works for everyone. I know a lot of people love this product, but my hair was just not impressed.

      Delete
  2. Thank for doing this review. Carriene of ILoveNaturalHair also recommended this or Aloeba from JessiCurl. After reading about it, and now this review, I'm definitely buying Aloeba. I might use Too Shea as a DC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts