My Do: Updo a la FusionofCultures


Once again I was inspired by one of my favorite YouTubers ms FusionofCultures (Laila!) to do a flat twist style. At first I wasn't even going to attempt this style because my flat twisting technique is still far from perfect. But I really felt like doing something with my hair that would last a few days. And "practice makes perfect," and which better way to practice than to just do it? ;) 
From the left 
The products I used for this style were my trusted Kinky Curly Curling Custard (on the flat twists) and Original Moxie Lux Locks (on two strand twists - review shall come!). I more or less followed Laila's instructions as well as I could, so watch the video if you want to try this style, it's very easy to follow. I also worked on damp hair since I feel my hair is better styled this way. What I did however have trouble with was flat twisting the back from the nape up, it was difficult! And those flat twists kinda look as mess. So I need to do more styles where I do flat twists like that. 
Top of the head 
I also used lots of bobby pins to tweak the final result to get it to look like I wanted it to. This is a perfect work hair do for me. (Though I had to tell my co-workers to put their hands down! - No, they could not feel if the twists were hard. Lol. I can't wait for the day that I can change my hair without anyone wanting to touch it! If that day will ever come...)
From the back
Don't forget to join me in stalking Laila online:

Thanks for a great style Laila! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts