30 Day Challange: Bentonite Clay

I'm back! :D
 It's been a long hiatus, and I've missed blogging a lot. Sorry for being gone for so long! And thanks for all the e-mails and page views I've received during my hiatus. <3
I have had time to focus on other things, and prepare a few up and coming things for the blog. ;)

So for the month of September I have decided to go on another 30 Day Challange. This time I'm trying out Bentonite Clay. I have heard a lot of good things about Bentonite Clay and have been wanting to try it for a while. It is used by many naturals instead of a shampoo and the online natural community is raving about the results. It's supposed to remove build up and bring out your natural curl pattern. To get a good feel for it I'm going to do a month of washes with Bentonite Clay, no other cleanser.
I intend to use this recipe (from Anita Grant's website!):
Mix 1 to 2 parts Bentonite clay 
Slowly add water to the clay until you achieve a pancake mix texture.
Apply to your hair (dry or wet)
Allow to set for between 15 - 20 minutes
Rinse thoroughly until it's all out of your hair


And tweak it if needed, maybe try to add apple cider vinegar as I've seen others do. I'll keep you updated ;)

Since I wash my hair weekly I'll get about 4 washes in before the month is over.

I order my clay online from the lovely Akua Wood at Shea Butter Cottage. She offers great affordable prices and quick shipping. I think I received the products in less than five business days from the UK to Sweden, not bad.

Comments

Popular Posts