My Do: Heatless Curls

Since I was rocking my hair straight this past week I decided I needed to try something new. I saw this video by Elle from Quest for the Perfect Curl a while back and really loved the way Elle's hair looked so I wanted to try it.

Of course, like it often turns out when you attempt something for the first time, I wasn't completely happy with the results. And the waves disappeared over the day, even though I took the bantu knots out in the afternoon. :( I think I could make it work better if I knew what product to use. I tried adding a little Root2Tip Quench My Thirst to my hair as I put the bantu knots in, but I think I need a product with more moisture and more hold, if I know my hair right. Also, I haven't done bantu knots in probably 15 years (no lie!) and never on flat ironed hair so of course my techinque needs some perfecting. When I flat iron my hair again in like 6 months I'll do it again. Or maybe, just maybe, I'll flat iron it again soon.

With bantu knots before bed time.

After taking the bantu knots out, before separating. 

After separating: Wavy.

End result: pinned the sides back with one bobby pin on each side.


Check out Elle's YouTube Channel for more great vids!
Button earrings from Beautella's Boutique in all the pics. 

Comments

  1. I thought it looked rather nice. Maybe you should use JessiCurl Confident Coils that has hold?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts