Experiencing Scalp Issues

For those of you who follow me on Twitter this will not be news to you, but I'm experiencing some scalp issues lately. I usually get itchy scalp when it gets closer to wash day, but over the last weeks it's gotten out of control. It's been itching constantly. I have been trying so many new products over the last 6 months, so I thought it may be that. Akua Wood of Shea Butter Cottage said I should look over my diet. And Carriene from ILNH said I should rinse my hair with water daily and stop co-washing and use a cleanser for my weekly wash, she thought it may be allergy related.

So this is what I've done for now: I've stopped all new products (sorry guys, reviews will have to wait!) and returned to what works(from my favorites list): Kinky Curly Come Clean and Knot Today for washing and Darcy's Botanicals Leave In. No gels, no butters, no oils on my scalp, only simple styles (I know, sooooo boring!). After the first wash I could tell a difference, my scalp was like aaaaahhh (hear angel voices!).

So for now it's back to basics for a while. But of course I won't be able to stay away from styling and experimenting, but I'll just have to pay attention to what I put in my hair and see what my scalp reacts to. I'll keep you updated.

Comments

Popular Posts