Hair & Poetry IX

It's been a while since I did a Hair & Poetry post, mostly 'cause I hadn't found anyone I wanted to feature. But then I came across this poem on Tumblr (sorry, can't remember who's though) and fell in love with it. I love contemporary poets, and I think Warsan Shire is a poet we will hear more from. I don't know much about her, but she does have a British accent so maybe she's UK based? Either way this poem "For Women Who Are Difficult to Love" is beautiful. She has beautiful hair and her hair styles rock in the video!


Read more of her poetry on her Tumblr!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I love discovering new creative talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely poem, but are you sure it's the poet in the video? Doesn't seem like it's the same person...Pictures of Warsan Shire often feature her with a head wrap. I read that she is a London-based Somalian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts