Taking Pictures

Anyone one who knows me knows that I don't like taking pictures. Every time a camera pops up I start feeling very uncomfortable and most of the time you will see that in the picture. But, I am always grateful to have the pictures later a long the line. Pictures bring great experiences to life, like travels and special occasions. Pictures can also be a great aid in your natural hair journey.

As time passes it's sometimes hard to remember where you have been. Has your hair really grown? Does it really look healthier? How did that hair color or hair do really look on you? By taking pictures on a regular basis you can find the answers to all these questions in the pictures.

Sometimes I doubt that my hair has grown, but then I see a picture of myself taken 6 months ago. Or one year ago and I realize that my hair has really grown. I just haven't noticed since I see it every day and think that it has always been this length. But looking back on pictures taken a year ago I realize how much my hair has grown.

Taking pictures is also great when you are attempting new hair dos. By taking pictures you can remember what the hair do looked like better and re-create it or tweak it next time. And they are great inspiration as well.

I actually started taking hair pics  months before I started blogging just to show my friend my hair do, and to remember the different do's and figure out how to tweak them. And now more than a year later, and a blog later, I'm so happy I did because now I can really see how my hair has changed.

My bun 1 year ago, Feb 2011
I could hardly put my hair in a bun this time last year, 
I had to use loads of gel and bobby pins to get it to stay in place. 
My bun now, Feb 2012
Okay, I can't deny it, my hair has grown. :) 

So for your natural hair journey I really recommend to take pictures regularly.


Comments

Popular Posts