Combined Review: Afrocenchix Moi Moisture & Mini Moi

This review is way overdue, I know, sorry about that! That's why I've chosen to do a combined review, I figure better later than never, right? It's taken me a while to get to know these products and figure out how they work for my hair and how they don't. These products were given to me by the sweet ladies at Afrocenchix for review, and it's not secret that I and addicted to their Sheen.

Moi Moisture Shea Whip Moisturizer: This product is for hydration, body and shine and should be used on damp hair. Since my hair gets weighed down easily with Shea butter (though it loves it) I wasn't sure what it'd do to my hair. I've tried it by itself and with various other combinations. I really like this product! It works very well for my hair when I combine it with a gel, it feels moisturized and happy. It doesn't weigh down my hair too much, nothing that a upside down fluff session can't fix. And what's great is that when I use this as a moisturizer instead of my regular leave-in conditioners my hair dries so much faster! I also like the scent a lot, it has this citrusy scent that's not overpowering. The only down side is the grains in it, but this shouldn't be a problem in newer batches since I know Afrocenchix had received that feedback before and were going to change the way they made the product to correct that.

Side note: I've actually used this product as a body butter was well. I know it's not exactly for that, but I was out one day and I look at the ingredients and thought: hey, why not! It worked well for that too. Love mulit-purpose. (Not sure about how Afrocenchix feel about this they of using it though, haha).

All and all I really like this product. Will definitely buy it, probably for winter hair (though there's glycerine in it and the debate is still on about glycerine in winter).

Ingredients: Unrefined Shea Butter (Fair Trade!), Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera Extract, Sweet Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Wheatgerm Oil, Vegetable Glycerine, Orange Essantial Oil, Eucaplyptus Essential Oil, Lemongrass Essantial Oil.  


Mini Moi Travel Size Styling Butter with Coconut Oil: This product is for body, shine and curl control. It says great for twist outs, buns, braids, ponies, updos and frizz elimination.
I have to be honest here, this is not a great styling product for my hair type. I've tried it in various combos, but it doesn't do what I want it to for my hair. So instead of using it as a styling aid I've been using it as a pomade. Basically this is my go to for second day wash and go's that need some refreshing or curl separation, I rub it on my hands and use it as I separate my curls. I think you need to have a tighter curl pattern than mine for this product to work as a styling aid. I'd recommend it to Di or someone with similar hair to hers. And one thing that makes me not want to buy this is the scent, I'm sorry, but I can't stand it! :( It's just too dominant. It smells very sweet, it contains coconut oil and mango butter and I think that what makes it too overpowering for me. My first Afrocenchix product that I don't love, sorry. :(

Ingredients: Unrefined Shea Butter (Fair Trade!),  Mango Seed Butter, Coconut Oil, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil. 


They do ship everywhere! 
And their products are 100% natural and hand made. 
Another thing that I love is that they use glass containers for some of their products which I haven't seen many companies do.



Comments

Popular Posts