Loving This Song

It's Black History Month... Yes. When people in the US complain that they get one month for their history... well, I wish we had a month in Sweden for our history. There's this idea that there are no black people in Sweden. There's a huge misconception that Sweden never was involved in the Transatlantic Slave Trade. Wrong. Now, that's something they don't teach us in school. Most teachers don't even know this truth. So yes, I would celebrate if we got a month for Black History. But I would celebrate more if we got treated equally on a day to day basis. And if Sweden would admit their involvement in the Transatlantic Slave Trade, and made it apart of our history classes in school. But this is another issue, for another blog. :)

I just saw this video for the first time. There are sooooo many things I love about this! And I regret that me and my friend did not go to the video shoot when they were shooting it while we were in NY. :(


I love Esperanza Spalding. When she's in Scandinavia again I will be sure to see her live, I bet that concert will be amazing. I love that she always rocks her hair natural and free. And she's stunning, just stunning. Yes, hair crush. Music crush. Just crush ;)

If you don't know this woman's music you should YouTube her right away! She's amazing! 

Comments

Popular Posts