Lauryn Hill Tribute

Check out more pictures from the show here taken by Tom Spray. 

On Monday the 30th me and two friends went to see Ms Lauryn Hill live at Falconer Salen in Copenhagen. And yes, she is still the queen of hip hop. It was an amazing concert filled with so much energy from start to finish. She started the show with a uptempo version of Killing Me Softly. And then just went through all the tracks from the Miseducation to the Fugees classics. It was like being back in 1999 but better. :) I was hoping she'd rock her hair out, but she had a hat on the entire show. But, since this is my blog, I can still to a little tribute to her. Her music still inspires me 'til this day, and it's timeless.

This pic is from when I saw her last, at the Rock the Bells Festival in NYC. She brought out all her kids on stage at the end of the show!


This is one of my fav L Boogie songs. And her hair looks great in this video.
The sweetest lyrics in this song. Love it! 

Comments

  1. I love Lauryn, and have seen her give a concert in Cph before. Didn't see her concert this time around, but heard and read some bad reviews. Music magazine GAFFA only gave the concert 2 starts saying that Lauryn Hill had an aggressive and up beat approach to her lovely evocative songs, and in general had a tense pace that culminated with the excessive and terrible hollow sound of the venue. Read and see gallery here: http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelse/56961

    I also love "Sweetest Thing" definitelv a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, bad reviews? Well I never listen to them anyway, they are never inline with my opinion of things. Yes, her songs were uptempo, but it fitted the concert very well. You could dance and have a good time. I love Lauryn. I may be bias. ;)

      Delete
    2. Great post, wish I could have been there, love me some Lauren, all the haters need to fall back ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts