Review: Seal by Afrocenchix


Here's my second Afrocenchix review. Don't miss my previous review on Sheen. I was given these products a while back for review and have enjoyed trying them out. I didn't want to be too quick to review 'cause I wanted to try the product a lot before I review so the review is as honest as possible.

Seal Intense Serum is an oil for the scalp. On the website it says it's anti-itch, great pre-poo and a moisture sealant. They call it hair medicine. :)

When I do flat twists or cornrows my scalp freaks out because it's being exposed to the elements. This usually results in dry and itchy scalp (and a struggle to not scratch). Seal has worked great against this. It says to use it a few times a week. But when I have flat twists or cornrows I have applied it on my scalp daily before wrapping my head for bed. It's easy to apply thanks to the bottle and the consistency. And it gets absorbed well., it doesn't leave a shiny oily residue which I was worried it would at first. I love this product and it will be on my favorites list as my go to product when my hair is in twists or cornrows. I would guess this product is excellent for anyone with itchy scalp. And for any hair do where your scalp is exposed.

It comes in a glass bottle (which I prefer to plastic, since glass is more easy to recycle, and in the longer term better for the environment) with a plastic plug in it that allows a few drops to come out at a time. The scent is very hard to describe. It's a strong scent, I can definitely smell the eucalyptus in there (kind of reminds me a bit of Vicks wapor rub that my dad used to rub on my chest and back when I had a cold). It smells pretty good. Personally I'm not fond of strongly scented products, but since it's on my scalp and I usually apply it at night it doesn't bother me at all.


How do I feel about this product? I love this product, like I said, it's going on my favorites list. It does what it's supposed to. 

When will I use this product? Whenever I have styles that expose my scalp; cornrows, flat twists, mini twists and whatever else.  

Will I buy it again? Yes, actually ordered some over the weekend when Afrocenchix had their Buy One Get One Free offer, even though the bottle I have is far from done. :)



100% Natural & Hand Made

Ingredients:
Olea Europea ( Olive Oil), Vegetable Glycerine, Prunus amygdalus (Almond Oil )Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed Oil ), Triticum vulgare (Wheatgerm Oil), Eucalyptus globulus (Eucaluptus Essential Oil), Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit Essential Oil), Citrus sinensi (Orange Essential Oil), Lavanduia angustilolia (Lavender Essential Oil), Cedrus attantica (Cedarwood Essential Oil.)
Before you ask me questions about my reviews please read this post

Comments

Popular Posts