Review: AnGel & Set It Free By DevaCurl


This will be a combined review since it's way overdue and I purchased the products myself (on my NYC shopping spree) and wasn't asked to review them. I wrote a first impressions review back in, yes, September, when I was still in the fabulously humid NY weather.
Like you may already expect I have nothing bad to say about DevaCurl. It's clear that these products were made for curlies. They are awesome, and I'm happy I bought the travel pack.

AnGel - This is a pretty light gel, the consistency is not very thick, still not too watery. Just right (or lagom, as you say in Swedish). Since I bought the travel sized one I have been using it mostly when I'm away from home. But it works with everything I've tried, leave in and shea butter products. It promotes curl definition. It does give my hair too much of that wet look that I'm not too fond of and it does dry crunchy. But that can be fixed with pomade on the hands and softening it up a bit. I have used it for updos as well and it holds my hair in place. No complaints whatsoever a great gel. The scent is very subtle, I can't even say what it is, it smells like gel. :) I don't feel that I have to buy this gel again, but if I wouldn't mind doing it. It's not sold in Scandinavia what I know of, so that's one of the reasons I'm not clinging to it.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua, Eau), VP/VA Copolymer, Polyquaternium-7, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, DMDM Hydantoin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance (Parfum)




Set It Free - This is a product I really want. I started using it when I was still in NY during late summer and even with the humidity my curls didn't frizz up like they usually do. This is the product I use in my hair to keep my hair from getting frizzy when I go clubbing (I dance more or less non stop when I'm clubbing and usually sweat quite a bit). This spray doesn't leave my hair all stiff and dried up like regular sprays (I tend to stay away from hair spray just for this reason), my hair still feels simi-soft and not at all dry when using this product. It's great. It locks in moisture as it says it will, water is the first ingredient! The scent is kind of light tropical, I'd say like cocnut with a hint of citrus (I could be wrong, I have a cold as I'm writing this). If this products comes to Scandinavia I am buying it! Yes, I am! And I will tell all my curly friends to try it. I love it. Now, I will not put it on my favorites list for one reason only, I can't buy it locally (not even British Curlies has it). If that changes you will see it flying onto my to my fav list in a heart beat. I will be so sad when this spray is done, I haven't even used it that much, just for special occasions after I realized how great it is.

Ingredients: 
Water (Aqua, Eau), Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Lipids, Beeswax (Cera Alba, Cire d’abeille), Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Ceteareth-20, PVP, Aminomethyl Propanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum)

If you want to know more about DevaCurl check out their website: http://www.mydevacurl.com/

Comments

  1. I'm a curly that just had her first Deva cut and will be moving to Sweden in August! All the stars seem to be aligning at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa! That's great, I hope you are happy with the cut (I'm guessing you are). Where in Sweden are you moving to? Either way welcome to Sweden :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts