Learning From My Mistakes...

So I wanted to find a rinse out conditioner that I can buy in a store right here in Sweden (no shipping, no wait for it to arrive). So recently I bought a conditioner in the department store while shopping for other things. The ingredients were ok, and I thought that since I'm going to rinse it out I just need a product that had moisturizing agents in it, which this one did have. And I wanted it to be a natural product, which it was.

Mistake no. 1 was I didn't open the bottle and look at the consistency of this conditioner. If I would have done so I would have seen that this conditioner was pretty thin. Like one of my regular rinse out conditioners mixed with one third of water (thin!).
Mistake no. 2 was that I got distracted by the price. This conditioner was half the price of one of my made for curly hair conditioners, without the shipping.
Mistake no. 3 it was not for curly hair. Now I know that there are good products out there that can be used on curly hair even though they are not made for curly hair. And this one was for dry hair, so I thought I'd get away with it.

So I went home and attempted to try this product. Now keep in mind, it's been probably 1,5-2years since I used a product on my hair that wasn't made for curls, I think I suffered from some kind of memory loss. You know how the brain blacks out bad experiences? Well I think my braid had done that. My brain had blacked out how it was to use a "regular" conditioner. So I'm in the shower, squeeze out a small amount that fits into the center of my palm and apply it to a section of my hair (I usually apply product to my hair in six to eight sections). This conditioner had no slip! (Slip is basically when the conditioner or product lets you apply it easily and it helps to detangle the hair) It actually felt like my hair was getting more tangled (!) so I thought (this was mistake no. 4) that I should apply more product to get more slip. Now, that might work in some cases, but, in this case it caused my hair to get even more tangled. I think I squeezed out product to apply about four times with no result whatsoever, it was like trying to detangle my hair after soaking it with water only. So of course I gave up! Rinsed it out quickly. And returned to my trusted, almost done, bottle of DevaCurl One Conditioner.

What I have learned? Always open the bottle and see the consistency of the product you are buying. Don't be distracted by the price! 'Cause in the end I ended up throwing my money away on that bottle of conditioner that I can't use now. If it says its for curly hair then it's more likely to work on my hair.

So yes, I'm still hon the look out for a good product that I can find easily around my area. But for now I'm holding tightly to my bottles of Kinky Curly Knot Today and will do more research before I spend money on another conditioner. Yes, I'm learning from my mistakes. :)

Comments

Popular Posts