A Tribute to Women

My friend Eli posted this on my Facebook page today and I just have to share it on the blog. This is a music video by a Canadian rapper called Shad. I'd never hear from him before today, but I fell in love. He has concious lyrics and a nice flow. This song is great, and it shows a lot of beautiful and amazing women (not all natural, but most of them). Find out more about him here.


"And I've been known to talk about women on a track or two
I talk to women I just can't talk for women, thats for you
We need women for that, more women in rap, 
even tracks like Kweli's For Women
That's still only half the view of the world 
theres no girls rapping so we only hearing 
half the truth, what we have to lose? 
too much half our youth gone represented,
the better halves of dues. 
' ' ' 
My mom taught me where to keep my heart.
My aunt taught me how to sing two parts.
My sis taught me how to parallel park, 
and tried to teach me math but she way to too smart.
My grandma in the 80's is still sharp.
My girl's cousin is in activism in art.
They taught there's no curls to tight, no mind too bright, no skin to dark
to keep shining."

Comments

  1. Oh, I love this! I have been listening to his music. His flow is great, and the lyrics are really worth listening to; new rap crush. And he's Canadian, makes sense ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts