Hair Emergency

Last night I got a message from my friend (you know who you are) saying more or less: Help, I have a hair emergency. After a few messages back and fourth we figured out what the problem was and how to fix it. Now, in light of this event I would like to give everyone some free advice (like I don't already): Please, please, pleeeeease, ladies & gents, do your home work!! 
What happened was that my friend had tried a new product on her hair without researching it first. Which resulted in a situation she didn't predict. Yes, trial and error. So of course she learned from her mistakes (right?). But this also got me thinking... We all make mistakes, it's a part of life. But, to minimize the damage when it comes to hair is fairly easy. Do your research! If you want to try something new, good for you, just make sure what you are getting yourself into! Google and YouTube are the easiest ways to find out how to use new products. And talking to others is good, that's what friends are for, and all those countless natural hair message boards.

5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Trying a New Product:
- What does the product do?
- Which are the ingredients?
- Is it suitable for my hair?
- What kind of care does my hair need before/during/after using the product?
- What kind of a result am I expecting?

I know, it might sound like a lot of work. But, in the end you won't end up with a hair emergency at eleven o'clock on a Sunday night. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts