My do: Inspired by BeautifulBrwnBabyDol

I saw this style a few weeks ago and really liked it. Finally I felt I had enough time and energy to give it a shot. As always this style in not an exact copy, it's inspired by BeautifulBrwnBabyDol. This is the first time I attempt this style, so it's far from perfect, but it came out okay, and I will definetly try it again. 






To acchieve this style I used a wide tooth comb, a rat tail comb, tiny plastic hair ties/rubber bands, bobby pins, Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Darcy's Botanical's Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme, spray water bottle and clips to hold the hair during braiding. 

You can tell I'm right handed.
As always, I worked with clean, well moisutrised hair. I started braiding the sides. I like working with damp hair, so I added some water. For the braids I used the gel as a styling aid. And for the two strand twists I used the Styling creme. I didn't bother to make the two strand twists perfect, I kind of just grabbed and twistet, so they vary in size and tightness. But since I was going to wear them up I figured I might as well just grab and go.

I choose to switch up the bangs abit, but you can play with them and wear them however you want. 

I have an event to go to this weekend, so I might work on getting the twists bigger, more of a faux hawk look. I might do a twist out, I'm still deciding.

To maintain this look I will be sleeping with my silk scarf at night. Adding moisture and more Styling Creme to the twists if needed. And To prevent ichy scalp I'll use Darcy's Botanicals Eucalyptus Mint Herbal Scalp Conditioning Butter. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the posts!
Join in the conversation!

Popular Posts