Top 10 Hair Inspiration

Due to some technical problems I'm behind on my 30 day challange, so I will make up with it by adding three posts today.

Since I was a small girl I needed people to relate to, like all kids do, and I longed for women tha tlooked like me. Thanks to movies, TV shows and music I've found a few women who inspire me. Not only in the artistry they do as a profession, but also in the way they wear their hair.
Here's my top 10 in naturalistas, in no perticular order.
Jilly from Philly
Jill Scott
She always carries herself with so much grace and strength, I love her voice and I love her hair. I know she's relaxed it lately and some have argued that doesn't make her a naturalista anymore, but a girl is entitled to change if she wants. I still think she looks the best in a big fro!

Esperanza
Esperanza Spalding
Another beautiful voice, and amazingly talented musician. Esperanza blows me away, over and over again. And I love how she wears her hair in a big blown ut 'fro most of the time, bold and beautiful!

Natural Belle
Natural Belle
This is the first hair blog I actually started following over a year ago, when Belle looked like this. It was her bald head and her sense of style that drew me in. I've learnt a lot from reading her blog, and it has changed my hair life, introducing me to new products and dos. Now she's sporting a cute 'fro, and still inspiring me.

Pam Grier in the 70's
Pam Grier
This lady is an icon. I just love her! I saw Foxy Brown & Coffy when I was a kid and was so inspired by her afro, her strength, she was just kick ass! Still is.

Singer/song writer & model
Andy Allo
Andy Allo is a Cameronian singer/song writer and model. And she has beautiful, big hair! I love this pic!

The Floacist
Natalie Stewart
I've loved Natalie's voice since Floetry's first album. And I absolutely adore her solo album, her lyrics are amazing as well as her sound. At first I didn't recognize her when I saw her shaved head, she looks very different from her Floetry days, but I don't think it's only the hair, it is the spiritual growth she's gone through as well. Either way I think she looks beyond amazing!



Solo
Solange Knowles
She's just a style icon! She went through the BC adn went natural a few years back, and I think she's never looked so good. She keeps on changing her look, switching it up, natural, weave, box braids, whatever she does she always looks great!

L-Boogie
Lauryn Hill
This woman has been inspiring me since th 90's, her music, her lyrics, her look. I saw this pic today and realized this is where that head wrap I wore the other days started! Lauryn looks good in everything she rocks; wrap, weave, wig, fro, twists, locs, yes, everything.
Elle
Another one of my favourite hair bloggers is Elle. Her hair is much like mine, so I love her product reviews and tips and stricks cause they work quite well on my hair. She has named her hair Izzy, which is so cute, and she does amazing hair vids and updates her blog reguralry.

India.Arie

India.Arie
Last but not least...
I loved when India shaved her head and exclaimed "I am not my hair" so inspiring! I think she looks great in whatever do she rocks, with that big smile of hers. She has great energy, and is a fantastic artist.

The End.

Comments

Popular Posts