BC = spiritual cleanse

My friend and I were discussing how most women, or I'd say a lot of women are very attached to their hair. We pride ourself in the hairs on our head and feel like it's a part of our identity.
I've cut my hair a few times related to a new start, and I know some of my friends have as well. There's something very liberating about cutting your hair at a certain time in your life. Lots of us have done it after a bad break up. Last time I BCed it was after my last split from my baby daddy and I felt like I really needed a change, spritually, emotionally and physically. Before my BC my hair was down on my back, and I cut it to where it was about 2cm long, it was short. But I did feel quite liberated.

I always wonder when I see woman who have recently BCed what their reason for the BC was. Of course it can be strictly physical - just wanting a new look. But I think a lof of women BC for more profound reasons.
I always think of the sceene in Wating to Exhale where Angela Bassett's character goes into the salon after her husband leaves her for another woman and the character of Loretta Davis refuses to cut her hair, she Angela takes the scissors and starts cutting. It's like Angela's character regains some control ove rher life after that hair cut, she becomes powerful and gogeous.
Waitin to Exhale
So whenever I find myself thinking about cutting my hair I ask myself what's really going on? Usually it's not the physical change I feel I need, it's the spiritual, the emotional cleanse.

Comments

Popular Posts