Review: Curl Junkie - Curl Queen Gel

So I decided to try a new styling product and choose Curl Junkie's Curl Queen Gel. The first thing I did, of course, was to open the bottle and smell it. It's very lightly scented, which I really like about it. I also like that it comes in a bottle. Since most gels come in those little cups that always gets hairs stuck in it from sticking your fingers in it while styling. This is a thin gel, that's obviously why it works to come in a bottle. It's water based and goes on the hair very smoothly. I also like that it doesn't leave your har super "crunchy", and it doesn't leave white flakes! And you can use it one day and do something completely different with your hair the next day without having to wash out the product, it's light on the resedue.
The down side is that I feel, since it's so thin, I have to use a whole lot of product to get my hair the way I want it. On the other hand it says it's for thin wavy to curly hair... and I have curly hair.

When would I use it? For styles where I don't need super hold, like wearing my hair down to define the curl pattern and minimize frizz, or when I want to wear my hair in a bun or a simple braid.
Would I buy it again? Maybe, I'll definetly finnish the bottle in time, but I don't think it will turn into a product I can't live without.

To sum it up; I like Curl Queen Gel by Curl Junkie.

Curl Queen Gel

Ingredients: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroethylcellulose, Corn Starch Modified, Polyquaternium-4, Panthenol, PVP, Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea) Extract, Wheat Protein, Wheat Starch, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, IodopropynylButylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Comments

Popular Posts